Friday, September 26, 2008

A Letter from Rachel's Mom

I am including a letter that was sent to us at school from Rachel's mom. Please, please pray for this little girl. See my earlier posts for more information. We are praying for the tumor to be completely gone from her body. We are one body in Christ!

To my Unified Catholic School Family,
It is very
sad to hear when anyone has cancer – never mind someone you love with all your
heart. God has blessed my life with three things that have helped me
endure throughout Rachel’s initial pain, diagnosis, and continued
treatments.
First, when I asked God what I
should do with my life He opened my mind to the possibility of a nursing
career. My nursing career has been a blessing in numerous ways.
Daily, I thank God for giving me the opportunity to be an active team member in
all phases of Rachel’s care. Rachel’s continual care has become a top
priority.
Second, I asked God to
give me someone to love. God blessed me with three beautiful children. I
embrace being a mother with enthusiasm and devotion.
Third, I asked God for a church that accepted me as
I am, yet ignited a passion within me to be a better Christian. God showed
me Catholicism. Through the Catholic Church, I have received a devotion to
Mary. The faces of Mary I love the most are Mary as, the mother of Jesus,
a perfect role model for handling tragedy, and my mother. The Catholic
Church has given me the Saints, who inspire me to achieve more. The
Catholic Church has given me and my children a loving, kind, caring family and
school right here in Oshkosh. I use to think it was necessary to drive for
hours to visit family.
Grace has taught me to
put God, my children and others before myself, but I do intertwine personal
sacrifices with indulgences to keep me sane (or as close as possible). One
of my favorite passages states it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye
of a needle than a rich person to get into
heaven.
Thank
you everyone for your prayers and support. You have made life less
complicated. I have learned that it is in giving we are blessed, but I am
not very skilled in receiving. Your show of support is over
whelming.

Bless you,
Brenda (Rachel's Mom)

Some portions edited for privacy. -Mary

No comments: