Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Assumption of the Blessed Mother

August 15th - The Assumption of the Blessed Mother
Peter Paul Rubens, 1612.
Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Mary, a humble woman of Nazareth trusted in God and His promise of salvation. She said, "Yes."
She said, "Yes" to God for the whole human race. She trusted Him. Today, we celebrate her beautiful, "Yes."

Say, "Yes."
Be open to where the Lord leads you to be. Use the talents that you have been so blessed with to spread His love everywhere you go. There are so many people who need to see Him. I tell my kids that sometimes just a smile will lead people to Christ. He loves you so much.
Try this with your kids...
You say, "Blessed Mother Mary" and teach your children to respond, "Be our Mother too!" Make everyday an occasion to love and honor our beautiful Mother in Heaven. She will always lead you to Jesus!

Mary
Jesus, I trust in You!

p.s. I request your prayers for my patience in a situation that requires more than I have to give. Patience and understanding too. I will need it as I continue through the month of September. Thank you my dear Reader. You are in my prayers as well.


No comments: