Sunday, March 15, 2009


What follows is taken from our Diocesan inservice for religious education certification. I have now completed the requirements for the Intermediate Religion Certification.
These prayers are beautiful...enjoy...and God Bless!

Lent is a time of reflection and renewal.

Father, I can be still and know that you are God. You have called me to serve you as an educator, and while no one ever said that it was going to be easy, you have promised to renew my strength.
When I need You to be strong, I say, "Yes, my Lord."

Lent is a time to hear God's voice.

Slow me down, Father. Give me a heart that understands the importance of stopping to hear you speak to me. If I have pressing matters at hand and must say, "Not now, later," let me treat that as a solemn promise. I expect others to listen to me, so please help me listen to you.
When my days seem dire and long, I say, "Yes, my Lord."

Lent is a time to "sweat the details."

Today I make an impact. Today, what I do, will make a difference. The difference may not be huge, but it will be important. Perhaps years form now I'll learn the results of these "little things" that happened today and perhaps I won't. But, Father, teach me to take delight in little things, and never, ever doubt their importance.
When I try to find my place, I say, "Yes, my Lord."

Lent is a time to strengthen our weaknesses.

Help me to see myself more as you see me. Help me to see the pattern of my days, so that I am not puffed up by success or cast down by failure. Give me a sure and steady perspective, help me to know myself with all my strengths and weaknesses, and with that knowledge, Father, help me to grow.
When I need you loving grace, I say, "Yes, my Lord."

Father, you who are the same yesterday, today and forever, help me to be consistent. Help me to be a presence in this faith community. I pray that it might be said of me that nothing was ever promised that was not given; nothing was ever said that was not true, and nothing was ever taught that had to be unlearned.

I say, "Yes, my Lord" in all the good times, through all the bad times. I say, "Yes, my Lord" to every word You speak.

Amen.

Mary
Jesus, I trust in You!

No comments: