Friday, February 26, 2010

Our Little Dog Charlie

Well, I think our little black dog had a type of 'break down' yesterday. I think our usually noisy home is just too quiet when we are all gone during the day. He loves our children so much...
Yesterday we came home to find the upstairs hallway a mess!
He had ripped up a box filled with seashells that I had used for a book unit at school and had broken a lot of the shells. They were crunched up into little pieces on our hallway carpet.
He has never been destructive before, although he usually takes our shoes out of our hallway closet while we are gone and places them in different places around the house.

You can tell his anxiety rises when he sees us put our shoes on our feet. Poor little Charlie. I think we are going to try leaving a radio on for him on Monday. Maybe the silence is too much for him.
Anyone have any ideas for us? We can't put him in a doggy daycare. We have no extra funds for that idea.

On a different note, I went into my classroom this morning and looked at my white board in the front of the classroom. My students had left me a beautiful note. It said, "Mrs. __________, we love you!" They all signed the board.

Wonderful Jesus,--Thank you for placing me where you need me to be and blessing me with these beautiful children. Thank you for reminding me of my beautiful blessings. I never want to take them for granted.

Mary
Jesus, I trust in You!

No comments: