Thursday, March 11, 2010

Do Whatever He Tells You!



I had an interesting day today. Well, actually I had an interesting week. (even though it is only Thursday and Friday has yet to start) It was our Diocesan Regional Professional Development Day and all of the teachers in our Diocese were required to attend. One of my sessions was called, Discipleship: Mary as a Model. It was interesting, but nothing that I had not thought of or contemplated before.

However...
How good would you be to quickly answer someone making the comment that we (in general as Catholics) place too much emphasis on Mary and need to have our entire focus be on Jesus.

Contemplate that one. Yes, I know we have websites and books on apologetics to go to in times of need. I want you to contemplate how you would reply back to someone who would make that comment. You need to know.

I was asked today why I love Our Blessed Mother so much.
When you are caught off guard it is hard to get your brain working right.
I hope that my answer led this person to contemplate her relationship with Mary.

*********
On another note, yesterday we had Reconciliation for all the children in grades 2 through 5. At the last minute...(well, the day before) one of our Priests asked us to prepare the service. Our principal is new this year and had never been to one of our Reconciliation services so she wasn't comfortable with any planning. We called the other elementary school in our system and asked them to fax us their plans for a service. Our school secretary took those plans and revised them a bit and then gave them to me.
Yikes.
I used our Religion book to write some questions for the children for the Examination of Conscience.
Well, everything went okay. For the Examination of Conscience I asked everyone to kneel and never thought of our four Priests in the front pew who had to kneel on the hard marble floor. It was a humbling experience for my class to talk afterwards about how the Priests knelt and didn't complain... when sometimes my class complains of kneeling on a padded kneeler. (and I also mentioned how the children in my class also complain of kneeling straight up and down without their backsides doing a 'half-sit' on the pew).
I saw Fr. Doug at the High School girl's basketball game tonight and asked him if I did an 'okay' job with the service. His smile told me that everything went well...but then he also added that next year he would be able to give a bit more guidance.
:)
Had I known in advance that I would be leading the Church in a service I probably would not have slept at all the night before.
But...I didn't know in advance. (Thank you my Jesus)
And...everything went well. (Thank you sooooo much my Jesus)
Plus...I slept very, very well last night. :)

Peace and Blessings,
Mary
Jesus, I trust in You!

No comments: