Thursday, August 12, 2010

Maybe I was wrong...

Catholic Church, contraception coverage collide
Diocese employees in state could face sanctions, termination

http://www.jsonline.com/features/religion/100504294.html

Earlier I posted about contraception use by our brothers and sisters in the Faith. I stated that I believed ignorance was the greatest obstacle and reason for continued use of artificial birth control. I am dismayed by the comments offered online by the readers of this newspaper.

Everyone seems to only think of themselves. The 'me' complex maybe?
"I have a right... "
"No one is going to tell me... "
"It's my body... "
And on and on and on.

Then the cheap shots start too-- Cheap shots on the Church itself and our Religious and Priests. As I read the comments I kept thinking, "Where are all of the faithful? Where are the Catholic's comments?"
Then I had a 'crashing' thought. Are some of these comments written by our Catholic family? Reality (and saddness) tells me that many of them probably are written by them.

I don't know where to go with this post from here. I'm hesitant to continue to write and risk saying something that may be misconstrued by someone who is reading this. I also do not want to continue with my mixture of emotions ranging from disappointment, saddness and frustration to outright anger.
All of this is such a continuous uphill climb.

What will I do now?
The very thing that I will strongly encourage all of you to do.
We need to pray for Pope Benedict. We need to pray for our Bishops. We need to pray for our Priests. We need to pray for families.
Families need to place Christ first in their lives. Parents need to place their complete trust in God. Complete trust in everything.
Simply said... that includes the beautiful blessings of children.

There. Enough said about this.
I am off to start my day with my family. It is extremely hot here in Wisconsin today. The kids are waiting to go outside and swim in the pool. May your day be filled with beautiful family time too.

Mary
Jesus, I trust in You!
Immaculate Mother Mary, Be our Mother too!

No comments: